Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to use Peak balustrade system with existing posts?

Jackwillan
Just Starting Out

How to use Peak balustrade system with existing posts?

Has anyone used elements of the Peak balustrade system with existing traditional posts? Or thought of a way to cover the Peak balustrade handrail, (which seems to only come in sections fitted between posts, with max lengths of 1800mm) with more continuous handrail sections, either in timber or metal?

Peak sent us this design (below) and we dont really like the way the posts are sticking up between short handrail sections.Peak rear.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to use Peak balustrade system with existing posts?

Hello @Jackwillan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about using the Peak balustrade system.

Let me make some inquiries regarding the handrail system. It might be possible to use a handrail bracket that will allow you to mount the handrail from the side of the handrail post. As soon as I have more information, I'll let you know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to use Peak balustrade system with existing posts?

Hi @Jackwillan 

I've just been in contact with Peak and the only way to get a continuous handrail is to install a Modular handrail kit on the inside of the existing handrail. It will make the space on the stairs a bit smaller, but you get an uninterrupted handrail.

Unfortunately, there are no other configurations available with the handrail as a single uninterrupted piece by itself. 

Here is a link to the installation: Modular Handrail Installation Guide   

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects