Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop frequent burst of water pipes?

Elshan
Just Starting Out

How to stop frequent burst of water pipes?

Hi

My water pipe got burst 2 years back and a i change the part which burst also the plumber told the pressure in the pipe line is too high so installed a pressure reducing valve. now it again burst, tiny tiny hole and i changed it again. 

Wonder where the pressure is still too high in the pipe line ?

How can i check the pressure in the water pipe, where can i get a pressure gauge ?

Also what are the suggestions to change the pipe line from the roof top. To change those pipes on the roof top, do i need a plumber or whether i can do it myself.

Thanks in advance.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Plumbing : What is the reasons behind frequent burst of water pipes.

Hello @Elshan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your plumbing.

In this particular instance it would be best to call the plumber as they will have the tools and experience to diagnose that state of your house plumbing. There could be any number of reasons your pipes are leaking or bursting, this includes movement, age of the hoses and getting attacked by vermin.

It is tempting to do the test yourself, but the plumber will be able to give you a quote for the long-term repair of your pipework.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects