Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to spray paint denim?

Cattoos
Growing in Experience

How to spray paint denim?

Hi, I spray-painted my denim jeans a few times and even washed them after the paint dried but over time, my jeans have turned thicker and heavier.

I have used acrylic and enamel paint spray.

Is it normal? Thanks.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: spray paint denim

Hello @Cattoos 

Thanks for sharing your question about your painted jeans. If you used the entire can of paint spray on your jeans, it's very likely that is has soaked into the fibres and made it stiff. This stiffness gives the illusion that your jeans have gone heavier. It's perfectly normal and there is nothing to be worried about. If you use your jeans often enough natural creases will occur on the jeans breaking up the paint and returning your jeans mobility.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Cattoos
Growing in Experience

Re: spray paint denim

Thanks. I did not use the whole spray can but only 5 to 10 sprays but over a couple of weeks. Also even after washing machine, the jeans is still heavy and thick now so just wanted to know if it is normal that is all. I am alright with jeans being heavy and thick but hopefully it is from the spray paint. thanks.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects