Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal a UV Dtf sticker on mug?

dinobino
Finding My Feet

How to seal a UV Dtf sticker on mug?

Hi I recently purchased some UV dtf stickers online for mugs and noticed it came off in the dishwasher. Please advise what I can spray to seal or apply to make it dishwasher safe/ food safe Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to seal a UV Dtf sticker on mug

Hello @dinobino 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your DTF stickers.

There could be any number of reasons your DTF stickers are not bonding to the cup. For example, wrong heat settings, incorrect heating time, expired DTF decals and incompatible cups. I suggest speaking to the DTF provider and asking them for the "cooking" details of their decals.

I also recommend double checking your equipment and making sure that the entire heating surface of the cup press is functioning. Look to your operating manual and follow the testing procedures. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric

thsnk you for your reply and suggestion. But this is not the heat apply stickers…

IMG_3424.jpeg

 its something like the attached photo…. And I read on google there are food safety sealants that are dishwasher safe that you can apply to make it permanent. So wondering if Bunnings has any selents like that? Thanks 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @dinobino 

Thanks for that extra information regarding your DTF stickers. I'm sorry but the only food safe sealers we have are for timber benchtops. I suggest speaking to your DTF supplier and asking them what spray is compatible with their product. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects