Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair damaged brickwork?

mtap
Just Starting Out

How to repair damaged brickwork?

IMG_4737.png

 hi team 

I hope someone knows how to fix these bricks? I’ve been googling for hours and can’t work out how I’m supposed to fix this. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair damaged brickwork?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mtap. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a brick wall.

It looks like the corner of your brick wall has suffered some significant damage. In this case, you'll likely need to remove the damaged bricks completely before replacing them. The process typically involves cutting out the remaining portions of the broken bricks and cleaning up the surrounding area to make space for new ones. Finding matching bricks is important for a consistent look, so try to source bricks that closely match the originals in size and colour. Once you've got the new bricks, they'll need to be carefully mortared back into position.

Given the level of precision required for this kind of repair, especially at a corner, it's probably best to hire a professional bricklayer to ensure the job is done properly. A professional will have the tools and experience to cut out the old bricks cleanly, match the mortar colour, and reinsert the new bricks so the wall looks seamless again. This will help avoid future issues with structural integrity or mismatched aesthetics.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects