Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to patch external rendered wall?

Will01
Growing in Experience

How to patch external rendered wall?

Hi, can someone give me some tips on how to patch this exposed brick and blend it in with the rest of the wall? The rest of the wall is a textured concrete veneer (I’m sure there’s a common name for it but I’m an amateur!) many thanks!

IMG_2209.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Patch External Wall

Hi @Will01,

You might like to check out this guide: How to repair a rendered wall. While your situation involves a bit more extensive damage, the same principles apply when patching the brick and blending it with the existing textured concrete veneer. You'll want to focus on applying a matching render mix and replicating the texture of the rest of the wall to achieve a seamless finish.

You might also need to use some render mesh for reinforcement to prevent future cracking. Once you’ve patched the area and it's dry, you can add a matching paint or finish to blend it with the rest of the wall.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need further guidance on materials or techniques.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects