Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint eaves and gutters of a red brick house?

Jacdoitmyself
Getting Established

How to paint eaves and gutters of a red brick house?

What colour to paint eaves/gutters for a red brick house? and what paint to use?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What colour to paint eaves/gutters for a red brick house? and what paint to use?

Hi @Jacdoitmyself,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

As it is more a style question than a technical one, I can only offer my opinion that black, or very dark blue gutters on red brick homes look excellent. 

You might like to upload some images of the house so our members can make a better analysis and offer their advice. Let me know if you require assistance uploading images, I am more than happy to help.

The specific paint you'll use will likely come down to your colour selection, but a quality external paint such as Dulux Weathershield would be a good option.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members for their opinions, @diy_hausdesigns, @prettyliving, @RenoRach @Noyade @Dave-1.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: What colour to paint eaves/gutters for a red brick house? and what paint to use?

Evening @Jacdoitmyself 

I was wondering if you could post a few pics of your house, Your red may not be the red I am thinking of :smile: Yes I have sat at work arguing over colours things are with my workmates and it wsnt even a painting question lol 

Will wait to see if you can post some pics.

Dave

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Morning @Jacdoitmyself @JacobZ @Dave-1 

I've given up with colours - my wife constantly tells me I have no colour sense.

But I definitely agree with Dulux Weathershield.

"very dark blue gutters on red brick homes look excellent"

I saw a blue brick house the other day. I love the colours, but my wife just rolled her eyes at me!

20240426_121932.jpg

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Evening @Noyade 

hahahhaha Oh man, my colour taste matches yours! HWne I was married I can remember "discussing" the colour to pain the bedroom, 3 hrs of it... And we finally got there... Next day went to Bunnings and proceded to discuss for another 2 hrs before I gavce up and went with what she wanted :smile: Kicked myself for wasting all that time as the coulours we both liked were incredibly similar :smile:

"Eyes rolled" oh yeah, know that one :smile:

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects