Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install timber wall panels?

bhushan154
Getting Established

How to install timber wall panels?

Hello,

I have a corner section in the kitchen that I would like to add timber wall panels to - https://www.bunnings.com.au/quickboard-300-x-9mm-2-7m-cedar-pvc-vj-wall-and-ceiling-lining-board-2-p...

The walls have some concrete/render but they are uneven walls. I have seen people using thick wall paste adhesive which might be perfect for the uneven walls. Can you please let me know if this would work? And what product should I use for the wall adhesive?

PXL_20241007_022204660~2.jpgPXL_20241007_022208684.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to install timber wall panels?

Hi @bhushan154 

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be happy to assist as soon as possible. Please note that there might be a delay in getting back to you as we have a team member on leave today. 

Let me tag some other helpful members to share their thoughts on how they would go about this project: @JoeAzza@DIYGnome@Nailbag.   

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @bhushan154 , I have just read your link on the product you want to install on a wall, the installation instructions says that the lining is for ceilings and that it is not to be be mounted directly to a flat wall, it requires room for expansion, you may need to look at another product that is suitable for you application. If the wall in uneven, you could build a studded timber wall, then you could install timber panelling or vj panels of your choice.

Nailbag
Kind of a Big Deal

I agree with the comments made by @JoeAzza . It's a small cavity so what's your reasoning for a timber feature wall in that small space? 

Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects