Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install acoustic panels?

MHH
Just Starting Out

How to install acoustic panels?

To install acoustic panels, can you get it custom-cut at Bunnings? Is it easily attach to a concrete/cinderblock wall? Also are there any tips for installation? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install acoustic panels?

Hello @MHH, 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about installing acoustic panels.

I'm sorry but the acoustic panel can't be cut by the shop saws. Unfortunately, due to the teeth size and roughness of the blade, it is not ideal and will ruin the edge of the panel. The instructions suggest using a circular saw with a fine-tooth blade. That would be the safer way to cut the panel.

Here is a link to the installation instructions:  Install acoustic panel.

If you are mounting the panel to masonry or bricks, I recommend using Ramset 7 x 35mm Green Wall Plugs in combination with Zenith 10G x 30mm Gold Passivated Countersunk Head Timber Screws. For the adhesive, I propose Selleys 420g Liquid Nails Fast Grab Strong Adhesive. Please note that both the adhesive and the anchoring screws will both need to be installed for masonry applications. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects