Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Ryobi door closer?

mhs5819
Just Starting Out

How to install Ryobi door closer?

IMG_7923.jpeg

I am trying to install a Ryobi doorman door closer, but it won't close. I followed the instructions. My door is a right handed door and I know I used the correct template (template No 2 for right hand door). But when I have it installed, the door will not close.

Can anyone help? 

Thanks

mhs5819
Just Starting Out

Re: Ryobi doorman not woeking

P.S. I have another Ryobi doorman that I installed a few years ago and it works fine. That door is also a right hand door and I simply copied the exact same installation, so I can't understand why the new one is not working. See photo. Thanks.

IMG_7924.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi doorman not woeking

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mhs5819. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a door closer.

Given this is not your first time installing the unit, I can only speculate on the reason why it might not be operating, and we need to bear in mind that the unit could potentially be faulty. When you installed the arm onto the square shaft, was it in the same position as per the diagram below? Obviously, if the arm were installed in the wrong direction, it wouldn't work. You didn't install it perpendicular to the mechanism, as seen in your image by chance?

Is there any tension in the arm at all? Does the door partially close?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects