Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix sagging bottoms on drawers?

AinsleyS
Just Starting Out

How to fix sagging bottoms on drawers?

Hi, I’ve got multiple drawers with saggy bottoms and would like suggestions as to how to fix. There are about 8 drawers that were installed last year and are from the Kaboodle range so I would like to fix rather than replace. 
thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to fix sagging bottoms on drawers?

Thanks for your post @AinsleyS and let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

Could we please trouble you for some photos of the drawers so members can see what you are working with and provide more specific and helpful advice? 

Let me know if you need a hand sharing some pictures. 

I'm sure our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert in @EricL will be happy to assist when he is back online this afternoon.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix sagging bottoms on drawers

Hi @AinsleyS 

Thanks for sharing your question about your drawers sagging bottoms. While we're waiting for your photos, can you please include the measurements of the drawers. 

If you can you also please tell us what are some of the items you've been storing in the drawers. Have the drawers been exposed to heavy moisture? 

Any other extra information you can share with us will help in determining the best way to reinforce and repair your drawers.

Eric

AinsleyS
Just Starting Out

B00D5976-413B-4B8A-A3EF-3B053B2D026D.jpeg

5DC08DE3-34ED-468F-A59C-48B5D13329E1.jpeg

36F5DDB4-D3DE-4754-A4BB-749B286D1714.jpeg

DCBAC8B8-50A6-4A5F-A6F7-A475DE8E55C8.jpeg

 hi, thanks. Just clothes. Located in walk in wardrobe. Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @AinsleyS 

Thank you very much for posting pictures of your wardrobe drawers. I believe this drawer set is similar to the Flexi Storage White 3 Shelf 4 Drawer Built In Wardrobe Unit

In order to reinforce the bottom panel of the drawer, I suggest putting in 3 rows of Porta 40 x 18mm 2.4m Moulding Pine DAR Clear cut to the size of the bottom drawer. I recommend applying Gorilla 236ml Wood Glue on the pine moulding and screwing it from the top side with Zenith 8G x 15mm Galvanised Button Head Stitching Timber Screws.

Place the screws on each side of the pine moulding as close to the sides as possible and one in the middle. This will prevent the panel from bowing and will keep it anchored to the side of the cabinet.

I've placed a sample sketch below to give you an idea of how to place the supports under the drawer.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects