Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix dripping drainpipe problem?

Sofashaw
Finding My Feet

How to fix dripping drainpipe problem?

IMG_8089.jpgIMG_8088.jpg

Hi this drainpipe is outside my sons bedroom and when it rains it creates a loud dripping noise.

I have in the past taken off the bottom elbow bend and glued in a sponge which has reduced the sound to a more dull thud thud thud.

I have checked the top of the drain and there is no debris stuck and I have a gutter guard above the drain pipe. I haven't tried to use a downpipe cover yet as I think it is pointless as the water hits the first elbow then freefalls to the top of the next elbow which is where the noise is coming from.

I have thought of trying to feed a chain down the downpipe but trying to get it around the elbow without removing the drain is going to be painfully hard. Is it just a bad design or is there something anyone can think of doing to alleviate the noise that I haven't already thought of?

Thanks!

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix dripping drainpipe problem?

Hi @Sofashaw,

That's brilliant to hear. Fingers crossed that it works as planned when the next rains come.

Thank you for the update.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects