Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix crack on external fascia?

johnshe
Just Starting Out

How to fix crack on external fascia?

Have found a significant crack on the parts under the gutter, don't even know what's this part called. It is not concrete or other hard materials, but quite light, more like foam or timber. Anyone know how to solve, or even the name of this part? Any solutions or hints would be highly appreciated.WechatIMG54.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Crack outside the house walls, seek for solution.

Hi @johnshe 

Thank you for your question about a crack that is appearing on an external corner in your fascia.

Is there any movement if you press on the fascia board on the right side of your photo?

If you look up at it, is there an obvious gap between the fascia board and the house where I have highlighted below?

It looks like the fascia board on the right side of your image is pulling away from the surface beneath. 

I'd suggest applying some Selleys Grey Flexiseal inside the gap before using a Trim Master Gas Bradder to fire 3-4 galvanised brad nails through the fascia on the right into the fascia on the left to pull the mitre back together.

This will clamp the Flexiseal together, which will help to hold the mitre together and the grey colour will help to conceal the gap.

If you weren't comfortable working at this height while using a nail gun, I'd suggest contacting a handyman for assistance.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects