Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix board above the window frame?

robinbrar
Finding My Feet

How to fix board above the window frame?

Hey I want to fix the board above the the window frame?

thanks 

IMG_2925.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: board above the window frame

Hello @robinbrar 

Thanks for sharing your question about your window frame. The good news is that the broken piece is still attached to your window panel. I suggest using Selleys 100g Liquid Nails Original Construction Adhesive to re-attach the broken piece to your window panel.

If you are going to use a ladder, please make sure to read this guide - How to use ladders safely by @Adam_W.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hey, thanks for you reply.

this picture is old and the part is missing now. How can i fully replace this board?

thanks 

Hi @robinbrar,

To replace the board, start by identifying the specific type of cladding to get the correct replacement material; it appears similar to Hardieflex. Gather tools, including a pry bar, measuring tape, score and snap knife, fibre-cement clout nails and a hammer.

Carefully remove the damaged board by extracting the nails with the pry bar and gently taking it down. Measure the space for the new board, cut it to size, and position it in place. Secure the new board with nails, spacing them according to the manufacturer’s recommendations, and drive them flush without overdriving.

You can then paint the new board to match the surrounding area. 

Remember your PPE, including a face mask, safety glasses and gloves. 

It appears you'll need to work at heights for this repair so check out this helpful guide: How to use ladders safely. If unsure consider hiring a professional. 

Your house doesn't appear to be very old, but there's a risk of asbestos exposure from homes built or renovated before 1990. Before starting any work, determine if asbestos is present by having your home assessed and taking necessary precautions to protect yourself and others. Access resources from the Asbestos Safety and Eradication Agency for guidance on safe practices.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects