Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add paintings to my home?

raka
Just Starting Out

How to add paintings to my home?

I want to learn to put up paintings and frame in my house. not sure how to select the right place and how to use drill machine .

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: home wal decor

Hello @raka 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about hanging paintings in the house.

I suggest having a look at this guide - How to hang just about anything by @Adam_W. In it you'll find a comprehensive description of the different types of hooks and screws you can use to hang a picture.

If you have plasterboard walls, I suggest having a peek at the 3M CLAW picture hanger. This one of the easiest hooks you can use, it's made from 304 stainless steel and does not require any adhesive whatsoever. Simply position the hook where you want it and push into the wall and its ready to go.

For tiled or laminated surfaces, I recommend 3M command hooks. They are easy to mount and there is no need to drill into the surface of the wall.

Here is a featured discussion that should be helpful:  How to hang a picture by @Tara86

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects