Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do you book workshops and garden club?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How do you book workshops and garden club?

InStoreDIY.jpgBunnings customers can find and book workshops, garden club, kids D.I.Y. classes and family events at your local store via the Bunnings website

Just click on Stores at the top of the page, then Find a store, then click on the More details option when your chosen store has appeared.

This will take you to a page where you can see and book upcoming workshops. For example, here is the page for Artarmon.  

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to tile

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @lukeberry. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about tiling Workshops.

Our team in-store will occasionally run a tiling workshop showcasing the basics of the process. You can speak with the Activities Organiser of D.I.Y. presenter of your nearest store to see whether they might be planning one in the near future. However, you'll find our step-by-step guides far more in-depth:

If you can tell us a little more about your tiling project, our helpful members would be more than happy to assist with specific advice.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Re: how to tile

Appreciated

collins
Just Starting Out

How to book Mosaic making holiday activity?

How do I book my granddaughter into the mosaic making activity

Sharron1
Just Starting Out

How to learn painting techniques such as white washing?

I am very interested in learning how to do whitewashing. do you ever do courses on different techniques for painting.? Also do you hold workshops for women to use basic tools (like drills, saws etc.) ?

Thnkyou foryour help.

Regards Sharron Bell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mosaic making holiday activity for 8 year old

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @collins. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about booking workshops.

You can find and book workshops, garden club, kids D.I.Y. classes and family events at your local store via the Bunnings website

Just click on Stores at the top of the page, then Find a store, then click on the More details option when your chosen store has appeared.

This will take you to a page where you can see and book upcoming workshops. For example, here is the page for Artarmon.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Re: How to learn painting techniques such as white washing?

@Sharron1 

This is a great question to ask.  I know a bit of basics, but would love to learn how to use a router properly, without being scared of it.. 

I reached out to one of our local Men's shed's and was told NO WOMEN here..  which left me rather deflated. 

I'm guessing it's all done by trial and error, but when one only has a few small jobs to do it seems to me that it will take me forever to learn, before I feel comfortable to do the small jobs I'd like to tackle.

Great question Sharon, I hope you manage to find a store close to you where your able to learn what you would like to learn.  I was very blessed and had my pop teach me a few things, but more so the confidence to just get in and have a go..  Sadly he's passed away last year.  I miss him, his expertise and gentle way of encouraging me to get in and have a go at all sorts of so called "Men's jobs".

All the best

Old~gal

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to learn painting techniques such as white washing?

Hello @Sharron1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about painting. One of the best ways to find out about what's going on at your local store is to go to the D.I.Y. Workshops page

Simply choose your state on the drop-down box, your nearest store and the date you wish to visit. You'll see a list of activities lined up for the weekend. I also recommend speaking to the store's activity organizer, you can find out ahead what adult D.I.Y. projects are happening.

In regards to tools and painting, my best advice is to take on a simple project such as D.I.Y. timber plant stand by @joineryjo. This project uses simple tools and a drill which is optional as you can use a manual screwdriver if you want to. This will familiarize you with tool use and as you make more projects your experience grows. 

In regards to the paint, it's a good opportunity for you to test your brushing skills on the plant stand and familiarize yourself with the types of paint available. Again, as your experience grows so does your knowledge of painting. Whitewashing is not a big mystery, but it's important to take small steps before you attempt to run.

I encourage you to explore Workshop, and all the projects being created by our members. If you scroll down towards the end of the page, you'll see the step-by-step projects on show. It will give you a much better idea of how tools are used and how projects are assembled.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

corrie
Just Starting Out

womens DIY

Women’s classes for DYI

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: womens DIY

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @corrie. We're pleased to have you join us. This is an online community of people who are passionate about sharing home improvement projects and advice. 

Bunnings customers can find and book workshops, garden club, kids D.I.Y. classes and family events at your local store via the Bunnings website. Just click on Stores at the top of the page, then Find a store, then click on the More details option when your chosen store has appeared. This will take you to a page where you can see and book upcoming workshops.

Alternatively, you can call your local store and ask to speak to the activities organiser. They will be happy to chat to you about your needs and let you know about what classes they have at the store.  

All the best,

Jason

asmita
Just Starting Out

DIY class

I would like to ask where we can take DIay training classes.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects