Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect tips, tricks and help

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Grid Connect tips, tricks and help

Hi all,

I thought it may he good to have a feed where we could share any tips and tricks to do with any of the Grid Connect Range being Arlec, Deta, Verve, Orion.

I am learning from trial and error and really just accident so sharing with others and sharing back we may be able to create some good learning information for us all.

Please post below starting with what the trick is as the title then how to do so as the body of information.

Carl 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect - Externally triggered camera recording

Hi @EmJr,

Allow me to tag @CSParnell to see if he has any ideas on how to get your camera working as you'd like.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any information on Grid Connect or Orion's websites that would be helpful in answering your questions.

Grid Connect questions are usually best directed to their technical support who can be contacted on 1300 267 168 in Australia and 0800 003 329 in New Zealand.

I have emailed your question to them and will update you when I have a response, however, it may be easiest if you give them a call when they reopen tomorrow as you have all the information at hand to explain what you are trying to achieve.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@EmJr 

I thought you could set it up though Scenes with a motion detection as a trigger and an event record or continuous record as an event?

Or similar!!!? 

This utilities the same camera to trigger a record state rather than another camera or PIR device to trigger it. 

I don't see why this shouldn't work. Let me know. Cheers Carl 

1000017552.jpg

EmJr
Growing in Experience

@CSParnell  I want to use a separate sensor because by the time the camera starts recording based on its own detection of motion it's often too late to see what triggered it. In my case the only useful camera position also means a person walking up the driveway is moving toward the camera rather than across its field of view, which makes detection even slower. Using a sensor or camera located closer to the street as a remote trigger for a camera near the house would allow the recording to begin a few seconds sooner and hopefully catch vision of someone walking up the driveway rather than just of the now-empty space they were in when they were detected 10 seconds earlier. 

The problem is that the outdoor camera I currently have doesn't seem to have any form of "start recording" option to be triggered in a scene or automation (see screenshots below). My indoor camera does, but I don't want to buy a random assortment of outdoor cameras just to see if they can do it too once connected to the app. Reading the documentation would be much cheaper.

Indoor camera optionsIndoor camera options      Outdoor camera optionsOutdoor camera options

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects