Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Grid Connect tips, tricks and help

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Grid Connect tips, tricks and help

Hi all,

I thought it may he good to have a feed where we could share any tips and tricks to do with any of the Grid Connect Range being Arlec, Deta, Verve, Orion.

I am learning from trial and error and really just accident so sharing with others and sharing back we may be able to create some good learning information for us all.

Please post below starting with what the trick is as the title then how to do so as the body of information.

Carl 

Re: How to set up a Grid Connect automation to disable timer if raining?

Sound good, but I don't think the logic will work as the definition of sunny is too restrictive, if I want it to run on a cloudy day.  

To have a seperate run on cloudy also doesn't work as cloudy and raining can apply at the same time.  

Thanks.  I have emailed 

Shih
Finding My Feet

Grid Connect automation motion detection for SC002HA series 2 and SC030HA

I've just purchased both of these security cameras. Everything works as described with auto pairing (took a bit of blind trying as the manual wasn't that clear) and I'm getting motion detected notifications in the phone app.

Screenshot_2024-07-21-01-31-44-37_d7287d8d62a7e58cffc3764976fe12df.jpg

That is until I tried creating a variety of automation based on motion detected by these camera. It just doesn't trigger at all.

automation.jpgautomation1.jpg

The logs in the automation doesn't show any triggering had occurred. When I tried creating automation based on schedule, it works and the logs shows as well.

Screenshot_2024-07-21-01-33-51-70_d7287d8d62a7e58cffc3764976fe12df.jpg

Wondering if anyone out there is facing the same issue.

I'm trying to get these security cameras to trigger automation based on motion detected to activate the siren SWS08HA. I was able to successfully trigger the siren based on time schedule as shown above but not the motion detected by any of the cameras.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

@sjb325224 

As mentioned GC, SL and the likes are aimed at simplistic consumer end animation they are not meant to cover every single logic for that you need to go to Home Assistant. 

Ben_M
Just Starting Out

Re: Grid Connect Light Bulb RGB Automation

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. This app is not intuitive and your reponse didn't help.

For the benefits of others that find this post, please provide a more in-depth explanation of where the "actions" menu is, preferably including screenshots?

Thanks in advance,

Ben

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect scene motion detection for SC002HA series 2 and SC030HA

Hi @Shih,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you would go about troubleshooting this issue. I've contacted Grid Connect's technical team with the details and am currently awaiting a response. Hopefully they will be in touch shortly and I will be able to relay their advice.

In the meantime, allow me to tag @CSParnell, our resident expert on the Grid Connect systems to see if they can help.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Grid Connect Light Bulb RGB Automation

Hi @Ben_M,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of the best methods for trouble shooting the issue you are having with the Grid Connect app and I only have limited access to what I can see on the app as I do not own any compatible smart home products.

If you could upload an image of what you currently have in terms of automation scripting, I can pass it on to the Grid Connect technical team who may be able to offer some assistance. I will request they provide screenshots that we can include in this discussion for future reference.

In the meantime, allow me to tag @ange_V to see if they managed to find a solution to this problem and @CSParnell, our resident expert on the Grid Connect system, who may be able to help.

Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I'm happy to assist.

Jacob

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Grid Connect automation motion detection for SC002HA series 2 and SC030HA

@Shih 

Go into your camera itself and make sure of the following.

Click on Features, top right hand corner then ... , then Detection Alarm Settings, then turn on the motion alarm setting.

Back right out to the main screen and make sure the Motion Detection icon is turned On. 

Give that another try and hopefully that fixes the issue 

1000015654.jpg

1000015656.jpg

1000015655.jpg

  

Re: Grid Connect automation motion detection for SC002HA series 2 and SC030HA

I've got all of that. As mentioned, I do get the phone app notifications for every successful motion detected. I'm still constantly getting it even now and the messages function in the app shows every one of the notifications. But there's just no log in automation page showing that a trigger had happen with motion detected. Everything else works. There must be some user account specific settings done at the backend preventing motion detection to be triggered in the "if" section of the automation.

I had researched into a range of products before purchasing and Orion was the only one that has this automation ability. Not even the other Bunnings security products has this capability. It's really unfortunate that it doesn't work at the most critical place.

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Grid Connect, Tips, Tricks and Help - Please post and share

Do you want to have full control over automation?

READ BELOW 👇 👇 👇 👇 👇 

For those community members that are looking to push beyond the envelope of Grid Connect and Smart Life here is a Beginners Guide Video to Home Assistant.

I suggest if you go down this path you invest in a few things.

1. A dedicated Raspberry Pi to run Home Assistant https://www.home-assistant.io/installation/raspberrypi/

I would recommend a minimum of a Raspberry Pi 4b 4gig

2. Become familiar with https://www.home-assistant.io/

3. Learn how to connect GC, Brilliant, Mirabella, Tuya products to Home Assistant https://youtu.be/g3iFAcitLt4?si=zppGk5BSy4G26akD

4. Have an account (Free version is fine) with ChatGPT to ask questions on how to do stuff. And also write yaml code, python code, java code, html code all by standard text input prompts, code output from Chatty G

https://youtu.be/P_FiyqF7K5c?si=NZEgaQSGdnhZodTN

Beginner guide to Home Assistant.

https://youtu.be/LI3lhgOiZ-8?si=ZrWSXUW5tT5fp1LS

This will let some of you that are getting frustrated with the restrictions of the GC, SL apps take full control and a lot more and give you the ability to automate across any brand device not just Tuya based devices.

Hope that helps some.

Happy Automation All

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects