Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Gallery/art hanging system questions

DrKMcB
Getting Established

Gallery/art hanging system questions

I have two walls on which I want to set up a gallery hanging system. One wall is 3.25m long and I could hang art salon style on this floor to ceiling (standard heigh 2.4m). The other wall is 2.88m long, and I'd only hang art on the top half of the wall, with the buffet below it. These are gyprock/drywall.

I see that Bunnings sells its Gallery @ Home products for this purpose. I have two questions: 

1. The railings are sold in 2m lengths. How/can I cut this rail so that I can use it to have a rail along the entire length of the wall? I'm not sure that we can even - and if not, I won't be able to use this product, I believe. 

2. How do we attach the rail securely to the wall? I could see no guide holes on the rail, nor instructions, on the unopened view of the product at Bunnings. 

None Bunnings staff knew the answers to the above, or anything about the gallery hanging system actually, so I'm hopeful someone can please help me learn here on the workshop forum. 

If the above products can't be made to fit my wall lengths, do you know of other products that Bunnings sells do to this. I'm aware of the STAS system, outside of the Bunnings ecosystem. 

thank you! 

Karen 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects