Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Finding a Resene paint matching British Paints 4 in 1 Sealer Primer Undercoat

cafe_cyber
Finding My Feet

Finding a Resene paint matching British Paints 4 in 1 Sealer Primer Undercoat

Hi,
I love British Paints water based White Prep 4 in 1 Sealer Primer Undercoat (Bunnings SKU numbers: 1420371 - 500ml, 0245150 - 1L , 0245159 - 2L, 0245164 - 4L, 1420377 - 15L). I use it a lot for all my indoors and outdoors projects. Because I am useless at painting however, I want to use an overcoat layer that is exactly the same shade of white, to ensure that it won't matter if I miss some spots or if I can't finish applying the overcoat the same day.
So what would be the Resene colour name / paint code that would match that British Paints undercoat? And can I use the same Resene colour name / paint code for different types of matching Resene paint, e.g. interior, exterior, water based, oil, acrylic, etc.?
Thank you.

Matching British Paint primer with a Resene codeMatching British Paint primer with a Resene code

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Finding a Resene paint matching British Paints 4 in 1 Sealer Primer Undercoat

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cafe_cyber. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about matching paint colours.

Since we don't sell Resene paints, it wouldn't be possible for us to determine what paint shade is closest to the British Paints Prep 4 in 1. Even with our own brands, no formulation is typically available for undercoats. Say I wanted the Dulux colour Antique-white U.S.A in Taubmans. I could go to the Taubman computer and search it up. The computer will then give me a formulation to create that exact colour with Taubmans tints. In most cases, the colours would match up perfectly. However, this system is only available for colours; if I was to search British Paints Prep 4 in 1 undercoat primer, nothing would come up.

On our machines, we could colour-match a sample of the 4 in 1 and give you the tint formula that could be mixed into one of our brands. This won't be a named colour but a formula to mix it up in normal paint. The formula can't be transferred into Resene paints as they would use a different tinting system.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Finding a Resene paint matching British Paints 4 in 1 Sealer Primer Undercoat

Thank you Mitchell for your quick response. Sorry, my bad: I assumed that Bunnings was selling Resene paints, but it looks like it's mostly Dulux or British Paints. Maybe there is a very close Dulux or BP white that would match the BP undercoat? However, I guess the best would be, as you suggested, to colour-match a sample to come up with a formula. Thanks again. Regards, Francois

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects