Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does the motorised cleaning head fit all Ryobi stick vacuums?

Bobscholz
Just Starting Out

Does the motorised cleaning head fit all Ryobi stick vacuums?

I am considering purchasing the ryobi one plus brushed stick vacumn kit which is on sale

Due to our type of carpet I thought of also purchasing a motorised cleaning head bunnings sell for about $80 odd dollars. Does this extra attachment fit the the brushed model, or is it for the brushless model which is nearly twice the cost. 

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: I am considering purchasing the ryobi one plus brushed stick vacumn kit which is on sale

Hi @Bobscholz unfortunately it’s not compatible. The motorised head requires power to run the motor through connections at the bottom of the wand which it doesn’t have. It’s better to buy the model that has the powered brushbar. This can be switched on/off depending on the cleaning application. 

regards Nailbag

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I am considering purchasing the ryobi one plus brushed stick vacumn kit which is on sale

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bobscholz. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ryobi stick vacuums.

As far as I'm aware, there are four models in the Ryobi range, all with a motorised head. The 18V ONE+ Stick Vacuum 4.0Ah Kit, being the more budget-friendly brushed version, is also compatible with the Ryobi Stick Vacuum Motorised Roller Bar. I've double-checked this with Ryobi, as the R18SV614 is not listed as a compatible model on the Bunnings webpage, but the Ryobi tech team assures me it is compatible.

I see @Nailbag's comment, which concerns me. I just want to make sure it is the 18V ONE+ Stick Vacuum 4.0Ah Kit you are enquiring about. There might be another that doesn't have power to the head that I haven't been able to locate.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: Ryobi stick vacuum question.

Hi @MitchellMc & @Bobscholz by coincidence my sister was asking the same question a last week as she has already has the kit model. It hasn't been that effective on her rugs so, wanted to know if the motorised brush bar model was compatible. There is no manual on the product page to get confirmation, only what's mentioned on the page itself, which doesn't include the RSV614.  See screenshot below. It appears to be the same fitment type but after calling Ryobi's customer service was told there were not no electrical connections required for the brush-bar to work.

Regards, Nailbag

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 8.52.25 PM.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's interesting @Nailbag. The head has an LED light, so some power is going to it. It also states that it has a motorised head that can be turned on. From your description it appears that your sister's unit does not have a powered head. I did question Ryobi as to whether "motorised" meant it was powered or if it just meant the brush roller was activated by air; I was going to question their description if it was on air activated.They informed me that it was a powered motorised head.

Given the vast difference in responses we've received, I'll contact them again.

Mitchell

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Hi @MitchellMc Apologies for the confusion, I can confirm that the kit model which is the same as what my sister has does have a "powered brushed head". It turns out hers has never worked and so thought it didn't have one. So, I'll have to sort that for her.

Looking again ate the Ryobi product page there surprisingly has no mention of this key feature anywhere. But as you picked up, there is the LED light shown in one of the photos. You can also see the switch on the top of the handle in another photo which is identified in the manual, but doesn't explain anything about it.

Nailbag

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Bobscholz,

I've spoken to the Ryobi team again and can confirm that the 18V ONE+ Stick Vacuum 4.0Ah Kit does have a motorised head. 

The Ryobi Stick Vacuum Motorised Roller Bar is very similar to what comes on the unit in the first place. It is compatible but might not provide more cleaning power than the standard head. It is slightly wider and has more bristle on the brush, though. I'd recommend you try the head on the unit before committing to ordering the other head.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

@Nailbag,

I'm sorry to hear the unit is not performing as expected. Since Ryobi has confirmed that the 18V ONE+ Stick Vacuum 4.0Ah Kit does have a motorised head, I recommend your sister return their unit under warranty if it is not functioning as it should.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects