Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does Bunnings sell powdered plaster that is not fast setting?

jackdaw52
Just Starting Out

Does Bunnings sell powdered plaster that is not fast setting?

I am doing some plastering work in my house, and I am finding it difficult to find powdered plaster in Bunnings suitable for the work. There is plenty of premixed plaster, and lots of powdered plaster that is fast setting, but i just want plain old powdered plaster that is not fast setting (so is easily sandable), that i can easily mix to different consistencies depending on what i want to use it for. Does Bunnings sell it, and if so - what is is called?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Plastering

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jackdaw52. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about plaster.

Plaster, by its nature, is very fast-setting. However, it can be sanded very easily, even when entirely cured. I suggest using plaster sanding sheets for the best results, as they don't clog like standard sandpaper. Bear in mind that if the plaster hasn't set, then it's not really sandable, as it's still in a semi-wet state.

Gyprock CSR 20kg Base Coat 45 has a 45-minute working life after adding water. You could even go with Gyprock CSR 20kg Base Coat 60, which has a 60-minute working life.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects