Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can a homeowner change colour of LED downlight?

Cogsworth33
Just Starting Out

Can a homeowner change colour of LED downlight?

I have new LED downlights that have been installed by an electrician. I want to change the color from 4000k to 3000k using the switch on the device. Does this fall into the DIY category or do I need to bring the electrician back to flip that switch?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can a homeowner change colour of LED downlight?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cogsworth33. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about switching a downlights colour.

Since you won't be altering, touching, or connecting electrical cables, it might not require an electrician as long as no wiring changes are involved and the work is user-serviceable. However, local regulations can vary, so it's essential to check with your local authority or a licensed electrician to ensure compliance. Additionally, a good place to confirm this would be with the manufacturer of the downlights to ensure the change can be safely performed without professional assistance.

Let me tag @CSParnell for their thoughts.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects