Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

backyard flooding with the rainwater collection system

chandrika
Community Newcomer

backyard flooding with the rainwater collection system

Hi There 

I have problem with my back yard- water collecting pit which overflow's during Rain and floods the sourrouding area . Our land is sloping to the back. Back yard pit is connected to the front via Pipe against the gradient. There is no pump at the back pit but there are two pumps in the main pit at the front,they pump out the storm water  from the front pit to the main road.

With heavy rain our back yard is very soggy and around the back yard pit water stagnates for couple of days.

Can not walk with out gum boots far end 1/3 of the back yard.

I have spent lot of money on plumbers to check the existing system ( scanning & ect....) just in the past 3 months. No proper solusion given.Out come is all pips are clear, front pumps are working well with their valves.

But there is  back flow the the back pit because it is pumping to the front pit without a pump   against the natural slope of the land. 

Please give me the best solusion 

1. install a pump to the back pit?? ( plumber says it is too small to have a pump ? 

2. install a Drain well ? at the far end of the land towards the slop??

3. french drains ??

Thnk you 

Deepa

rain water system plan.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects