Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What size decking screws to use with Ekodeck boards?

Moosher47
Finding My Feet

What size decking screws to use with Ekodeck boards?

I am using Ekodeck decking board from Bunnings size 137x22mm and 5.4m long what size decking screws should I use please the decking is outside

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ekodeck

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Moosher47. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fixing Ekodeck.

Ekodeck is designed to be installed with its concealed fastening system, Quickfix. However, the Classic range of Ekodeck is able to be top-fixed using screws if need be. They recommend predrilling an oversize clearance hole, countersinking and fastening using 10g stainless screws every 450mm.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell thank you for your reply I am going to use 10g 65 stainless decking screws from Bunnings so they would be 2 every board and every 450 mm are the 304 stainless screws okay cheers 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Moosher47 

The Zenith 10G x 65mm Stainless Steel Type 17 Decking Screws that Mitchell suggested are 304 stainless screws. However, please take the time to look at the Quickfix system that is made for the Ekodeck panels.

Here is a link to the Ekodeck installation guide: Install Quickfix

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Eric thankyou for info I am replacing an excisting deck in 1970 2 storey house and need 12mm spacing so using the deck screw’s works well for this job cheers Kind regards Henry 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects