Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What dynamic bolts to use for a carport base?

Reliable56
Just Starting Out

What dynamic bolts to use for a carport base?

Hi , I am in the  process  of  building  a carport  for  my  Caravan, and  need  to  dyna bolt  the galvanised  base to the  100ml. Concrete  drive  way. 

My  question  is  what  length  16ml. diameter  dyna bolts I should  use. 

1725010376023350030189834783831.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: dynamic bolts

Hi @Reliable56,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

First, I would check the design plans and instructions for your carport. They may specify what hardware they would like to use with their product.

If there aren't any suggestions something like the Ramset 12 x 60mm DynaBolt Plus Hex Nut Bolts is likely going to be sufficient. Assuming the base plate is somewhere between 5-10mm thick, this will give you approximately 50mm of embedment in the concrete, ensuring you do not blow out the bottom of the slab.

A tip I can offer is to place a piece of tape around your masonry bit to give an indication of how deep your pilot holes are. This will ensure you do not accidentally drill the entire way through the slab.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects