Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What do I use for outdoor tile grout?

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

What do I use for outdoor tile grout?

Hi

I have a corner area in my backyard  that I have lay down tiles over it.  Between the tiles there is some gap.

My questions:

- what grout do i use to fill the gap between these outdoor tiles?

- what colour of the grout suits it?

- Between my tiles and the fence, the sleepers are showing, what is that best way to aeathetically improve the look and cover it up? 

1000016573.jpg

Thank you. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What do I use for outdoor tile grout?

Hello @AJ-DIYer 

Thanks for sharing your question about the gaps in your tiles. If you wish the grout to blend in, I suggest using a light colour such as white. Please note that the white grout will eventually fade and become an off or faded white. If you wish to have a bit of contrast between the tile and grout you can use a light grey. The dark grout will stand out and give your tiles definition. I suggest having a look at the Dunlop 1.5kg Flexible Coloured Grout - White, it is rated for indoor and outdoor use and can cover a gap between 1 to 8mm. 

To extend the colour of your grout and make maintenance a little bit easier, I suggest sealing the grout using Dunlop 250ml Grout Sealer

Here are some handy step-by-step guides:

In regards to the sleepers, I propose painting them the same colour as the Colorbond fence. This will make them blend in with the fence line and prevent them from standing out. I suggest using Dulux Weathersheild to paint the sleepers. It's self-priming and is rated for outside use. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

Re: What do I use for outdoor tile grout?

Thanks @EricL !

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects