Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What are span tables for the treated timber supplied by Bunnings?

Baris
Getting Established

What are span tables for the treated timber supplied by Bunnings?

Hi Bunnings community,
I’m in the planning stage of our deck and having difficulty finding the right source for the complete span tables. While plenty of resources are available by various manufacturers and timber sizes and grades (F7, MGP10), these are slightly varied by manufacturer. Is there any complete span tables provided directly by the Bunnings' manufacturer for the deck beams and joists that covers single/continuous span applications as well as doubled-up/laminated bearer options? For a low-level deck, my focus size is 90x45 & 140x45 H3 MGP10, including laminated options.
While I prefer to go ahead with the information supplied by the right manufacturer, I can also go ahead with the general info available on the Internet if that’s the way. I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you in advance!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Span tables for the treated timber supplied by Bunnings

Hello @Baris 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about span tables.

The only span tables I can suggest are those from our timber supplier Hyne. The span tables from Hyne are the ones we often recommend looking at. However, if you can provide us with more details about your decking project, such as deck size and how much space you have for height, we'll be more than happy to provide advice and information.

Here is the link for the span tables: Hyne Span Tables

I propose doing a preliminary drawing of your deck and sharing it with community. You can also include any questions that might have come up while you were making your plans.

I suggest having a look at these guides - How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W and How to build a deck by @MitchellMc. It will give ideas on what to take into consideration while planning your decking frame.

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular low-level deck projects

I also suggest having a look at the Bunnings deck building guide:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baris
Getting Established

Re: Span tables for the treated timber supplied by Bunnings

Thank you Eric, I appreciate it. I'm working on the plans and will share in a few days with some site photos. Thanks again, Baris

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects