Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Timber screen

hdona0
Community Newcomer

Timber screen

I am wanting to create a timber feature on the front of our brick home. It is just a small area. The timber would run vertically. I know I need to attach horizontal battens to the bricks and attach the screening to that. I am wanting something similar to the picture attached. Happy to treat/stain/varnish etc. Whatever is needed to obtain that look. I just don't know what the best type of timber to use is. I'm also happy for the timber to be a little wider. Please let me know what you suggest.

IMG_1310.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Timber screen

Hello @hdona0 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a timber screen.

An easy way to recreate the look is by using SpecRite 1800 x 902mm Pre-Oiled Merbau Alternating Slat Fence Panel, but it has that dark colour. If you're after a lighter colour, I suggest looking at 90 x 22mm Decking H3 Treated Pine L/M. You'll need to season the timber and then you can stain it to a colour that you like. 

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - Feature wall fence with Matrix screen panels by @diy_hausdesigns

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects