Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pool blankets - cheap vs pricey

filthy
Growing in Experience

Pool blankets - cheap vs pricey

Looking for a new bubble pool blanket
Had a quote for Daisy at $1550 @500micron 8 yr warranty then found on eBay Alfordson/Aquabuddy cheapies for around $300 @500 micron 5 yr warranty

For me the economics stacks up for the cheapy , even if I replace with a new one every 3 years x5 times it would cost the same as the Daisy which by then is 15 years old . Plus the price includes delivery , whereas the Daisy costs more for delivery.

Anyone have LONG TERM experience with a cheap pool cover? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pool blankets - cheap vs pricey

Hello @filthy

Thank you for sharing your question about pool blankets. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of your pool and its measurements? This will give our members a better idea of what you're trying to cover. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

We look forward to seeing your photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pool blankets - cheap vs pricey

Hi @filthy,

It is a tough decision and I look forward to feedback from others. 

My personal opinion is that I would prefer to buy a pool blanket that is going to last as I hate the idea of creating more plastic waste than necessary. The pool blanket that came with our pool didn't seem to be of great quality and after a few years tiny bits of plastic started coming off it. I've also noticed the higher-quality replacement is more efficient so we are using the solar heating less - so that should be both a water and power saver. Lots to consider. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects