Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Paving gaps between crazy sandstone

joysol
Just Starting Out

Paving gaps between crazy sandstone

I have about 6 square meters of crazy sandstone that has been laid in the past on soil. Recently I had someone using a power hose clean the sandstone and that has created deep fissures between the stones about 2 to 3 cm. wide and 2-3 cm. deep that I would like filled. Can I  use the 1/5 cement sand mixture that you advise in my situation .....that being that the sandstone has been directly laying on soil for the past 50 or more years?

Thanks Joyn

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Paving gaps between crazy sandstone

Hello @joysol

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about filling the gaps in your crazy sandstone.

The quick answer is yes, you can use the 1/5 cement sand mixture. In fact, it would have been my recommendation for your particular situation. Please remember to use the mist function on your garden gun to avoid washing out the sand cement mixture. 

It sounds like an excellent D.I.Y. project. Any updates you can provide would be very much appreciated. I'm sure our members would be keen to see what the pavers look like once you've put the sand and cement mix in.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects