Workshop
Ask a question

Garden and entertainment area makeover

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Outdoor awning, shed and garden on a budget using 80% recycled

Screenshot_20240713_230913_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20240713_230915_Messenger.jpgOld aluminium square tubing, sleepers from bunningsOld aluminium square tubing, sleepers from bunningsScreenshot_20240713_230920_Messenger.jpgTreated pine from bunnings attached to old corrugated iron from back with self drilling screws, hidden latch no need for padlock, 3 of the 160 slates open the door in order on rails weighted to open and closenTreated pine from bunnings attached to old corrugated iron from back with self drilling screws, hidden latch no need for padlock, 3 of the 160 slates open the door in order on rails weighted to open and closenScreenshot_20240713_230833_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20240713_230837_Messenger.jpgScreenshot_20240713_230819_Messenger.jpgTaking shapeTaking shapereceived_121572769555731.jpegreceived_1782022338627446.jpegreceived_2735309946690665.jpegAluminium sandwiched between merbouAluminium sandwiched between merbouIMG20201007181151.jpgIMG20201014100704.jpgClear panels too allow more lightClear panels too allow more lightRecycling aluminium, preceding and recoated in gal paintRecycling aluminium, preceding and recoated in gal paintBare beginning, between two fernsBare beginning, between two fernsMy seat idea using booker rod, Holman's lighting system,  I cut angled cove for housingrsMy seat idea using booker rod, Holman's lighting system, I cut angled cove for housingrsSpraying joints so I could mark A goes to A , B goes to B, structure pulled down after for paintingSpraying joints so I could mark A goes to A , B goes to B, structure pulled down after for paintingGetting ready to undercoat and lay down colourGetting ready to undercoat and lay down colourIMG20201013095112.jpgIMG20201013095047.jpgIMG20201014100713.jpgIMG20200919084826.jpgIMG20201013095118.jpgIMG20201014100729.jpg

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Artificial grass pebbles job doneArtificial grass pebbles job doneFeature upright on shedFeature upright on shed

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: My friends garden and entertainment area make over

Hi @Nishan1,

Thank you for sharing another one of your fantastic projects.

What a fantastic little shed and outdoor entertainment area.

You've done a great job with everything, especially the slatted timber bench and the aluminium roof structure.

It's great to hear you could make it out of recycled materials too.

Congratulations on another fabulous project

Jacob

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Thanks Jacob, very kind

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

Bunnings pots mounted on a wire cage filled with pebbles and lit with Coleman's light'sBunnings pots mounted on a wire cage filled with pebbles and lit with Coleman's light'sreceived_842228579859359.jpegDetails checking what looks good and what's not, safety etcDetails checking what looks good and what's not, safety etcPebbles in lights look good mounted in sleepers and aluminium off cuts I used to mount at base of postsPebbles in lights look good mounted in sleepers and aluminium off cuts I used to mount at base of postsArtificial grass InArtificial grass InJob DoneJob DoneGarden taking shapeGarden taking shapeTesting light positioning to balance and highlight featuresTesting light positioning to balance and highlight featuresShe'd lighting featuresShe'd lighting featuresExtra Pictures I've found Postd details old aluminium restored and capped in murboughPostd details old aluminium restored and capped in murboughRoof detailRoof detailHidden lockable latch. NO padlock required, until now no one has worked out how to crack it, but I'm sure if there was gold in there it wouldn't take long to work it outHidden lockable latch. NO padlock required, until now no one has worked out how to crack it, but I'm sure if there was gold in there it wouldn't take long to work it out

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Nishan1,

Many thanks for sharing these additional photos.

Jacob

Nishan1
Growing in Experience

No worries bud, appreciate all your comments on my projects and positive feedback you give to everyone here

Have a good weekend 

N

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects