Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Landscaping

Vaz
Community Newcomer

Landscaping

Hi there first time home owner, need to get my hands dirty to lay an artificial grass.

house has L shaped landscape where corner of house is wider and back has tiered volcanic rocks.

Need some advice on below 

- drainage: is it ok to lay french drain on highlighted corner next to the fence ( already has marked gradient slope running down to fence) or does it need to be in the middle? (Pic1 side)

soil is quite clayish and sticks to boots when wet so should i use pvc or ag pipe with sleeve?

planning to put artificial grass here and it already has a slope using no infill balm tuff turf from Bunnings that needs no infill

IMG_3903.jpeg

- do i need to dig at all and if yes then which equipment i need to hire from Bunnings to dig and level before i lay road base (pic 2 side) above

I was thinking not to dig and just compact everything after laying french drain

-  have volcanic rocks at back which are quite permeable so should i concrete at the back at all to the rock or dont do concrete rather go for mulch with some top soil or pebbles.? (Pic 3 and 4 back) not laying grass here

IMG_3899.jpeg

IMG_3898.jpeg

professional landcapers i cant afford so reached out to local bunnings store who said he cant help and would really appreciate any help ^^

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects