Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How would an awning attach to my car?

willh99
Finding My Feet

How would an awning attach to my car?

IMG_6037.jpeg

IMG_6038.jpeg

  

Hi all. I know there are other places to ask but wanted to get some advice here first. I drive a 2006 Subaru forester. I know very little about awnings, car tents and car modifications in general. I’ve attached photos of the roof of my car and wanted to know can I attach an awning as it is? Or do I need a roof rack or something first to attach it onto. If anyone could point me in the right direction in terms of businesses to visit to get this sorted I’d also appreciate it. Thanks! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How would an awning attach to my car?

Hi @willh99,

That would very much depend on the awning you intend to purchase and how it is designed to attach to the vehicle. If it's an awning specifically designed for the Forester, then they might have adapted the brackets to fix onto the roof guides. However, if it's a generic awning, then you would need to adapt your vehicle to suit. 

I would suggest that you search awnings to suit Subaru Forester. If you don't have any luck, take a look at awnings that suit your needs and the way they attach. If you can provide us with details on how the awning is designed to attach, I trust our clever members will be able to come up with some ideas on how you could attach it to a roof rack.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects