Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal Dunlop grout?

DIYtracey
Just Starting Out

How to seal Dunlop grout?

Hi, I have completed grouting my outdoor 600x600 porcelain tiles with the Dunlop flexible coloured grout. I have read that porcelain tiles do not require sealing. This area is located where rain will fall on the surface, Should I only be sealing the grout with the Dunlop grout sealer or would you recommend sealing the entire area. I initially was going to cement around the pole and have now decided to finish it with cutting more tiles. The area is covered with tarps while the job is still in progress. Any advice is welcomed. 

IMG_3746.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for advice on sealing Dunlop grout

Hello @DIYtracey 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about sealing your grout. 

I suggest using Betta TileCare 500ml Tile And Grout Sealer With Wheel Applicator as porcelain tiles don't need sealing. The Betta tile sealer is a transparent, penetrating solution, for use in all wet areas of your home. Ideal for the shower, bathroom, kitchen and laundry, prolonging the life of un-glazed tiles and grout. It is rated for outside use and comes with a wheel applicator for ease of use.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so much Eric for your welcome to me and suggestion for my grout sealing question. I will be in store soon and looking forward to this rain to stop so I can get back to my job! 

I am already loving this community space, Thanks everyone that’s making this possible. 😊

Keep us updated @DIYtracey, and reach out if you need further assistance or have questions; we're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects