Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to screen the garage?

Cazbaz
Finding My Feet

How to screen the garage?

I am getting new patio area done with exposed aggregate and want some nice comfy seats, plants etc, but it’s quite shaded and I would like to hide the garage area. Any ideas would be gratefully received 

IMG_0390.jpeg

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: How to screen the garage?

Afternoon @Cazbaz 

Firstly Id like to say \wWelcome to the Bunnings commuinty page :smile: Hopefuly you will find a lot of ideas in here to try. I certainly have.

Any chance of a larger photo, just to see what else we can factor in/use to help blend in hiding the garage?

Do you want a doorway/gate through to the garage area? Or kept seperate?

My first thought of the rank is some posts with horixzontal bars between them to support inverted diamond timber screen.

There are various other screens to check out also. You could have solid slats attached between the posts for a more robust/long last screen. Plus add in a fixed post for a solid style gate?

What colour is the exposed aggregate going to be?

Dave

IMG_0392.jpegThanks for replying 😄 it’s going to be cream with chips in, I like the idea of those slats……yes would be a good idea for a full size door. This small fence was just to keep dogs in. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Cazbaz, 

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about putting up a screen for your garage.

It's great to hear that you're getting your patio done. This is a good opportunity to create a feature screen as a divider between your garage and patio. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Pergola privacy screen by @Bankzee. Using Merbau decking boards in combination with Matrix panels, you can create a warm and friendly divider that's made of natural materials.

I also suggest having a look at Feature wall fence with Matrix screen panels by @diy_hausdesigns. This is another good example how the combination can be put together.

For an easy assembled look, you can also use steel posts and angles just like in this discussion - D.I.Y. Merbau slat fence for courtyard screening by @CagsMac.

There are other materials available those that I've mentioned are easily sourced at the store. I suggest drawing it out on pen and paper, from there you'll get a better idea of how you want that wall and the rest of your cover to appear.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects