Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore outdoor ceramic tiles?

Gina59
Finding My Feet

How to restore outdoor ceramic tiles?

These are black tiles on my front entrance. They get afternoon sun.  As you can see they are patchy and dulled.

is there any way I can make them look better without replacing them.

any help appreciated.

thanksIMG_9833.jpegIMG_9834.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to restore outdoor ceramic tiles?

Hello @Gina59 

Thanks for sharing your question about restoring your ceramic tiles. It appears that your tiles have delaminated and have lost their protective ceramic top coating. It could have been due to extreme weather exposure or a chemical cleaner or a combination of both. Unfortunately, there aren’t any paint products that can be used on outdoor tiles. I recommend having a look at this discussion - How to paint over outdoor tiles? by @Wendi.

The options open to you are to tile over your existing tiles or build a low-level deck over your tiles if there is enough space. This will at least save you from having to demolish the old tile base in front of your house.

Let me call on our experienced members @diy_hausdesigns, @homeinmelbourne, @redbournreno and @Peggers for their recommendations.  

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to restore outdoor ceramic tiles?

Thanks

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects