Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace a damaged weatherboard?

reluctantrenos
Finding My Feet

How to replace a damaged weatherboard?

Hi there, I need to replaced this water damaged weatherboard.

What are some basic tools needed other than the wood, saw, and silicone.

Also and techniques welcomed.

3C0C2A2D-9B99-4615-A221-B936B16E982A.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to replace a damaged weatherboard

Hello @reluctantrenos 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your damaged weatherboard.

I also suggest adding the following tools, such as a combination square, stud finder, flat prybar and a circular saw. These will help locate the stud and remove the damaged weatherboard. The general steps are to locate the studs and mark its position with a straight-line using a pencil. You then cut out the damaged section up to where you've placed your mark. Use the prybar to lift that damaged section and pull it out. Cut the same size piece and position it in place, depending on what fixing method was used make sure to use the same whether its screws or nails.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How To Replace Rotten Weatherboards (the techniques used are applicable to your project)

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask. If you are working at height, please make sure to take all safety measures

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: how to replace a damaged weatherboard

Thank you so much for the detail and response! Will give it a go.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects