Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair uneven concrete driveway?

amyOHT
Just Starting Out

How to repair uneven concrete driveway?

Recommendations please for repairing this step in driveway - concerned about major trip hazard. Has been there for a few years now and hoping I can do a short-term solution until I can afford a new driveway. I was thinking adding cement but wasn’t sure which products to use. 

Defect caused by tree root - tree was removed couple years ago.

IMG_0095.jpeg

IMG_0094.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: repairing driveway

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @amyOHT. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a driveway.

You might like to consider having the raised edge professionally ground down to reduce its obtrusiveness or having the lower slab raised. Alternatively, you could attempt to add a small ramped section to the lower side. Given the heavy traffic from vehicles, I'm not entirely convinced adding a cement ramp section will hold up under those conditions; it's likely to crack and separate. If you did want to give it a go, I'd suggest using Lanko 5kg 702 Durabed Structural Grout.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects