Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair liquid limestone?

MrAlex
Just Starting Out

How to repair liquid limestone?

Hi Bunnings,

We’ve built a patio over a large liquid limestone area in our backyard. We had to cut the liquid limestone to create the concrete footings formthe patio posts amd we now would like to repair the sections we had to cut the liquid limestone. 
Are there pre-mixed bags we could buy of it? If not , how to mix liquid limestone? What are de ratios amd ingredients? 
we have the standard light creamy looking mix.. 

regards, 

Al

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair liquid limestone?

Hi @MrAlex 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about liquid limestone.

I'm sorry but Bunnings currently does not stock pre-mixed liquid limestone repair bags. But I've passed your feedback onto the merchandise team.

If you are thinking about making your own mix, the typical ratio of liquid limestone is 1:4 one part (cream coloured) cement and four parts crushed limestone. These will be the ingredients you'll need to make your own mix.

Another way to repair the damage is to use ordinary mortar and painting it over with Crommelin 1L Liquidstone Limestone. However, I can't guarantee that it will have the same colour finish as your current limestone.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects