Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove the cover of automatic outdoor sun shade?

Finding My Feet

How to remove the cover of automatic outdoor sun shade?

My old automatic outdoor sun shade is not responding to the remote and I’ve been living in the dark as it’s stuck in fully down position.

I’ve been calling so many companies if they can help me fix the problem but they all declined as they don’t use the brand I have.

Now I just want to take it down so I can get some sunlight but I can’t find a way to remove the cover.  I dont know how to remove these grey pins with a hole in the centre. No screw drivers work as the hole is completely hollow.

Does any genius know what kind of tool I need to remove these pins? Please help

IMG_9800.jpeg

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to remove the cover of automatic outdoor sun shade?

I'm no genius @648593, but the image on my phone looked like a Hex-head.

Have you tried a Hex/Allen Key?

But now - tying to magnify it - a large pop-rivet?

🤔

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @648593. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing fixings.

There is a good chance that they are pop rivets, which need to be drilled out. Take a drill bit slightly larger than the hole and drill through the centre. This will remove the head of the pop rivet and disengage it.

Given this is an electrical device, I'd encourage you to enlist the services of a handyperson to complete any work on it. If you don't plan on having the unit repaired or are unable to find someone to do so, you might like to consider cutting the sunshade off.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

You are a genius! Thank you so much:)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects