Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove graffiti from brick?

Sath
Cultivating a Following

How to remove graffiti from brick?

IMG_3463.jpeg

How do I remove this graffiti from my outside painted brick fence 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: remove graffiti

Hello @Sath 

I suggest using Graffiti Remover on the spray paint in order to remove it. 

However, before you begin, I suggest testing it on a small portion close to the ground. From the photo you posted it appears that the brick fence was painted, and the remover might strip the paint off as well. 

If the brick was painted, I suggest instead to chip off a small portion of the paint (at least the size of a 10c coin) and bring this to the store for a paint match. I recommend using paint that is rated for exterior use. 

I then propose lightly sanding the yellow paint off with sandpaper and repainting the spot with the paint you had colour matched.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Sath
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Eric, yes I think it has been painted . So don’t use the graffiti remover , just sand and repaint? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Sath 

Thanks for confirming that, if the brick fence has been painted, I suggest sanding and painting instead. Please don't use the graffiti remover. 

Your objective is to just sand it enough that the yellow spray paint is no longer visible. There is no need to sand all the way down to the bricks surface.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your fence free of graffiti.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects