Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to makeiover front pillars?

timln
Growing in Experience

How to makeiover front pillars?

Hi there

Hoping someone can offer some insights.

The front pillars of our place are pretty dull looking and this stucco type material.

Is the whole thing structurally required, as we would love to someone shrink /reduce it and replace with a wooden panel kind of look.

Is that possible as I have no idea!

Thanks community and I appreciate your time and insights on advance!

Tim

1000058452.png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: front pillars make over

Hello @timln 

Thanks for sharing your question about revamping your houses front pillars. The only way to find out if those pillars are load bearing and are of structural importance is to speak to either an engineer or a registered builder. They will be able to tell you if the pillars can be shrunk down to the size you're after. In regards to your question about using timber to cover it up, I suggest having a look at this discussion - Brick pillars transformed with hardwood cladding by @DKG. It's an excellent example of a brick pillar being covered in Merbau timber.

Just to add more timber elements to your entrance, I also suggest having a look at this featured project - Mediterranean-inspired front yard renovation by @LaCasaDIY. This is one of my favourite front yard projects as it totally defines the entrance to your home by using timber, pavers and gravel.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
timln
Growing in Experience

Re: front pillars make over

Thanks very much @EricL 

Those posts are great ideas, thanks for sharing.

I will reach out the appropriate experts re status of the pillars.

Thanks again!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects