Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to lay paving on my patio?

lakiita
Having an Impact

How to lay paving on my patio?

I have an old concrete slab for my outdoor patio that I want to renovate. The slab is level but cracked in a few places. I was thinking of Travertine but then thought maybe this would look ok https://www.bunnings.com.au/brighton-masonry-300-x-300-x-40mm-sand-mypave-paver_p3451558 with the advantage of easily fixable if I mess up because I can just pop in to Bunnings for more. My questions are:

Do you think it will look ok? I had in mind this colour scheme https://www.berger.com.au/inspiration/a-modern-patio-that-shines/?fbclid=IwAR1hfZrxWpG-xLVdlLMh8DO0J...  (my patio is very old fashioned with round columns everywhere)

What would I use to lay the pavers?

What would I use as edgingpatio.jpg

Re: How to lay paving on my patio?

20231118_135037.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Amazing work @lakiita! You should feel very proud of yourself as that looks sensational!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

look at me go!!! It's not perfect but it's not bad - also using power tools successfully 20231119_121934.jpg

20231119_121922.jpg

20231118_135037.jpg

is fun 

Dave-1
Community Megastar

:laugh:Laughing out loud! @lakiita 

I just logged in to see all your nervousness at using an angle grinder and wtch it peak and the disappear and could feel your excitment even !:D 

Brilliant idea of a smaller grinder and I like the way you have thought around the probelm! Its amazing when you have the right tool how things become easier.

Your cuts look good! (Ive never tried cutting pavers so will be remembering your project for sure) The only disapointing thing I could see is that all your pavers are covered up! hahahahahah :smile: Makes sense when you explained why.

Nice work and an exciting project :smile:

Dave

Pavers are all down just waiting for them to be dry so I can put down the polymeric sand and then dry again then seal. the pavers are a little uneven but I think it's too risky to try fixing them - when I tried before  I just made things worse and ended up breaking one. 20231124_131701.jpg

20231124_131650.jpg

20231124_131644.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @lakiita 

Thank you very much for the update, your paving project looks fantastic. You've done very well in paving around the posts and from the photos you've posted the pavers look level and straight. Once you put the polymeric sand in the paving gaps that should lock everything into place.

We look forward to the next update.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lakiita
Having an Impact

Check this out  - have achieved top acopic DIY status with my very own Workshop t-shirt!!! I  am so happy 20231124_171454.jpg

20231124_171445.jpg

20231124_171430.jpg

I found this group and took a chance on a job WAY out of my league and with a long suffering father to help me through 

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Absolutely love your paving project @lakiita you should be truly proud of yourself !!!!! What a difference. Can’t wait to see what you do next 😀

i'm feeling a bathroom project coming on 😉 but gotta save for it first 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects