Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a gazebo on pavers?

Rahman
Finding My Feet

How to install a gazebo on pavers?

Hi,

I would like to install Mimosa 3x3 gazebo onto the pavers.I am not sure what sort of footings I would require. I suspect anchoring onto the pavers wouldn't be sufficient.Kindly advice 

Also, any indication on the installation cost would be much appreciated.

Thanks 

Screenshot_20241002-050413~2.png

IMG_20240826_134527683~2.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a gazebo on pavers?

Hi @Rahman,

Thank you for reaching out about your gazebo installation. You're correct in thinking that anchoring directly onto the pavers may not provide the stability needed for a structure like the Mimosa 3x3 gazebo. The best approach would likely be to remove several pavers at each post location and install substantial concrete footers. This involves digging down to a suitable depth, typically around 300-450mm, to ensure the footers are stable and can support the weight of the gazebo. Once the footers are set, you can replace the pavers around them.

After the concrete footers are cured, you can drill through the pavers into the footers beneath. Using long Dynabolts, you can then securely bolt the gazebo posts down to the footers, ensuring that your gazebo is anchored firmly in place and can withstand wind and other forces.

Regarding installation costs, this can vary based on local labour rates and the complexity of the job. You might expect costs to include the materials for the concrete footers, the Dynabolts, and any additional tools or equipment you may need. It's a good idea to consult with a local contractor to get a detailed estimate.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need additional assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Many thanks for your response. 

Is there any engineering document available for these types of gazebos that tells me about the footings requirements?

Also is it ok to assemble and install it myself or am I required to hire builder/contractor?

Thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Rahman,

The testing is done on, and engineering documents are prepared for an immovable base. Since you're not fixing to a concrete slab, the size of the required footers would need to be independently verified. 

It might be best to approach your local council with the documents to determine whether they have any particular requirements for footers.

I've emailed you the documents for the gazebo.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects