Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a Matador barbecue into an Alfresco Plus cabinet?

VG1
Just Starting Out

How to install a Matador barbecue into an Alfresco Plus cabinet?

hi I just purchased the Alfresco Plus bbq kitchen with the 1095mm Matador bbq. We are struggling on where to put the gas cylinder hose and the power cord for the lights as there is no hole in the plate. I figured it should already come with a hole but it doesn't. Then it says to then seal the hole with fireproof material. I don't know what to use, I have never struggle this much putting a bbq together. Can someone please help 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: alfresco plus with matador bbq

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @VG1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a Matador bbq into an Alfresco Plus cabinet.

Could you please let me know which AlfrescoPlus BBQ Module you're using? Was it the AlfrescoPlus 1095mm Black Onyx BBQ Module & Air Frame?

Do you have the Alfresco Plus manual handy? It should list a 50mm diameter Hole Saw or Jigsaw in the tools required section of the document. "Various holes will have to be cut or drilled with a hole saw (in the thermal board) where required for gas, power, water and waste.".  

I don't see any reference in that manual for sealing the hole with fireproof material. If you can provide further details on the unit's model, I can look into this further. I would imagine they are indicating to use something like Selleys 435g Grey Flame Flex Fire And Acoustic Sealant.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
VG1
Just Starting Out

Yes its that exact module you mentioned, I am going to struggle getting through that, do you know why it doesn't already come with the hole that is required. I just feel its really dangerous due to how close the wires are to the heat of the bbq as the instructions show that the wires should be at the back of the bbq but they are at the left and at the front. I'm just a little confused and so is everyone else, on why it didn't come with the hole if it was safe to do so. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

I apologise that the BBQ and cabinet module are giving you issues @VG1.

I believe it's due to the many types of BBQ's the AlfrescoPlus module can accommodate. BBQ's can have their gas hose at the front or back or left or right-hand side. You then have accessories like lights which also require their wiring routed. If they were to put a hole for every possible combination, then the thermal panel would be filled with them.

Could you please let me know the model number or link to the BBQ of the instructions you're referencing? Are the wires on the BBQ in a different location than is specified in that BBQ's instructions? I can see on the Matador 105cm Black and Silver Titan 6 Burner Built In Gas BBQ that the wires are located at the front of the unit in its instructions. I trust they've considered heat whilst designing the placement of the wires.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects