Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang lattice maker panels on Colourbond fence?

kylieneary
Getting Established

How to hang lattice maker panels on Colourbond fence?

Fence design.pngHi!

We have purchased "Lattice Maker" 900x1800 panels to install over our colour bond fence. Looking at other forums, I have seen tips and videos for installing "Matrix" panels but not the wooden "Lattice Maker" panels. 

Any hot tips for doing this? Attached is an image of my design.

Thanks in advance :smile:

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: How to hang lattice maker panels on Colourbond fence?

Good Morning @kylieneary 

Thats a nice idea :smile: I usually head away from mounting things on a fence but your idea ticks the boxes! Its close to the fence, the same height and resonably lightish :smile:

I would use something like tek screws Zenith 12g x 35mm galvanised hex head metal screws 50 pack and fasten the panels to the top and bottom rails of your colourbond fence. (Is your fence 1.8m high?) I would definently pre-drill the holes in the timber paneling to stop splitting. I am not sure how the smaller squares will work is all, The lattice wont stand up once you cut the segmants out (You could place the square lattice over the timber panels?)

Would really like to see your fence as ypou do it and once you have done it. It will smarten the yard for sure!

Dave

kylieneary
Getting Established

Thanks @Dave-1 !

Yes, the colour bond fence is 1.8m high. The smaller ones were just an example, and I plan these to be hung on the lattice, not put in as cutouts (as you've suggested).

I'll post the after pics :wink:

Kylie

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kylieneary. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing panels on a Colorbond fence.

It's terrific to see you've received a helpful reply from @Dave-1. That sounds like a great suggestion. Remember that Colorbond fences are not designed to have weight hung off them. However, many of our members have done so successfully. The only other option I can think of would be to install independent posts and attach your panels onto those instead.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Cheers Mitchell,

The husband and I are having a planning meeting this evening, we have a few ideas as well. I shall report back (and take a few photos ;))

Kylie

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @kylieneary 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your plans on how you'll be attaching the lattice maker panels.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Morning @kylieneary 

I remember meetings like that! I think they are a good idea as it really helps nut out any unthought of parts. Tho I do remember a "discussion" over paint colurs that went for three hours to choose between 2 colours and then another hr and a half "discussing" it again in store lol I shake my head at myself for all that time chewed up. 

Hope there was a concensous reached :smile: And looking forward to the project pics :smile:

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects