Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of excess grout on outdoor tiles?

AJ-DIYer
Building a Reputation

How to get rid of excess grout on outdoor tiles?

Hello all, 

Having made the mistake to not clean the surrounding areas properly after applying grout on the outdoor tiles, it's left with a big regret that I should have rubbed it off with sponge a couple of more times not just once. I assumed they could be washed off later easily. 

I have tried kitchen metal scrubber, gif and sand paper all of which made a small difference but still a long way to go. Besides the sand paper is changing the surface of my tiles from rough to soft being the most effective method 😐.

1000017269.jpg

What else can I use?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to get rid of excess grout on outdoor tiles

Hi @AJ-DIYer,

Thank you for your question about removing excess grout from your outdoor tiles.

I'd suggest checking out this discussion - How to remove grout haze where my colleagues have offered some great solutions.

You might like to start by applying a 50/50 mix of cleaning vinegar and water allowing it to soak for 5 minutes. Once it has soaked, grab a scrubbing brush and give it a scrub.

If this does not work, you can move to a more intensive solution such as this Tile And Grout Cleaner or a high-pressure cleaner such as this Ozito 1800W 2030PSI High Pressure Washer.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects