Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix water damaged laminate in caravan?

siobhananton
Just Starting Out

How to fix water damaged laminate in caravan?

We have recently bought a caravan with water damage on the first layer of laminate however chipboard underneath is perfectly fine. 
do I need to replace laminate? Or can I use glue? 

im renovating caravan and painting laminate & tiling aswell 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to fix water damage laminate in caravan?

Hi @siobhananton,

Many thanks for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is great to have you with us.

It's very exciting to hear you've just purchased a caravan and are looking at some repairs and possible renovations. You might like to have a look at our top 10 caravan renovations for some inspiration.

The extent of the damage would dictate whether you need to replace the flooring or not. Without seeing it, it's hard to say.

Is it possible to get some photos of the laminate flooring? This will help our members understand the issue you're having and come up with a solution that is specific to your circumstances. Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I'm more than happy to help.

Typically, laminate flooring is not glued down, do you maybe mean vinyl or linoleum flooring? 

If this was the case, depending on the damage, you may be able to reglue the flooring using an adhesive such as this Dunlop 1L Vinyl Adhesive.

Let me know how you go with uploading photos, happy to help if you need it.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects