Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix the gap at the bottom of the Colorbond fence?

sjh_86
Finding My Feet

How to fix the gap at the bottom of the Colorbond fence?

Trying to make this eyesore disappear. Need some options on how I can fill this gap and make it less ugly and more attractive. Open to using any sort of materials.

The gaps varies in height between 50-100mm.

IMG_1842.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix the gap at the bottom of the Colorbond fence?

Hello @sjh_86 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about fixing the gap at the bottom of your fence.

I propose putting an upstand at the end of your pavers using Brighton Masonry 200 x 100 x 50mm Charcoal Mypave Paver. I recommend fixing it in place using Selleys 415g Liquid Nails Landscape Stone Concrete Adhesive. Before you commit to the idea, I propose getting a few of the pavers and see if it is tall enough to cover the gap and you can't visually see the soil when you're standing in the area. If it is not tall enough, I suggest putting a second level but no more than that. 

Another alternative is to use sleepers, they come in wood, concrete and engineered materials. If there is enough space after your pavers, I suggest using 50mm Sleeper Peg Galvanised Steel to hold the sleeper in place.

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good afternoon @sjh_86 

How about using Anston 900 x 90mm Concrete Lipped Garden Edging along the edge. It has a clean look and is heavy enough that its going to stay there and also not to heavy to move if you change your mind. There are right angles for it and they come in 600mm lengths as well.

Plus it will stop bits comething through from the fenceline.

Dave

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Hi @sjh_86 

I'm loving @Dave-1 suggestions  of the concrete lipped garden edging. It could be fixed to the ground with landscaping liquid nails @EricL suggested. I've used it a lot and its very secure and fast curing.

Nailbag

Would you suggest taking out the first row of pavers and inserting the edging or attached the edging on top of that first row of pavers?

TIA

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

HI @sjh_86 

It would be better to leave the pavers in their current position in my opinion as they are already close to the fence. Attaching it over existing pavers will be more convenient and less work for you. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Afternoon @sjh_86 

Id have the edge on top of the pavers as well. I just think the existing pavers are already flat and it will provide a nice overall edge. High side of the edge at the very back of the paver to be exact.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects